Tourni-Cot® Digital Tourniquet
The exsanguinating digital tourniquet
The world’s #1 selling digital tourniquet makes it safe and easy to achieve hemostasis on fingers and toes.
- Simple and Easy to Use
- Quick Hemostasis
- Professional Appearance
- Minimize Risks
- Similar Cost to Surgical Gloves
- Assembled in the USA
Using the Tourni-Cot®
Click Here to see the Tourni-Cot® in action.
Mar-Med’s exsanguinating digital tourniquets, Tourni-Cot and Uni-Cot, create a bloodless field for procedures on fingers and toes. A bloodless field allows visualization to improve care, reduce complications and facilitate the use of tissue adhesives. Improvised methods, like using a penrose drain or surgical glove, are known to apply dangerous levels of pressure and even be forgotten in place, sometimes resulting in tissue injury or amputations.
Using the Tourni-Cot® is Easy for Fingers and Toes
1) Slide Proximally to apply and exsanguinate.
2) Even compression is achieved once in place.
3) Remove by pulling tag and severing at the notch in the ring.
Cases and Use Indications
Digit lacerations and avulsions – Exploration of foreign bodies and deeper injuries – Nail and nail bed injuries – Elective Procedures – And More!
TCS – small is typically used on very small digits and pediatric patients.
TCM – medium is used typically on women’s and small adult digits.
TCL – large is our most commonly used size for adult digits.
TXL – extra-large is used for very large digits and big toes.
TCU – universal size is used for any size digit.
Tourni-Cots come individually packaged, sterile, and are latex free. Mar-Med minimum order is 1 box of 20 units.
Tourni-Cot® Added Value
Digital tourniquets improve care by creating a bloodless field for procedures on fingers and toes. A bloodless field allows visualization and careful exploration which is critical to wound management. Digital injuries have high complication rates, mostly due to missed injuries with up to 38% of foreign bodies missed on the first visit. Additionally, digital tourniquets are known to facilitate the use of tissue adhesives, simplifying care and reducing visits. Improvised methods can apply dangerous pressure levels and even be forgotten in place, sometimes resulting in amputations.
Mar-Med’s non-pneumatic digit tourniquets exsanguinate during application and constrict vessels once in place, making them quick and easy to use. The Tourni-Cot and Uni-Cot digital tourniquets have been proven to provide safe pressure and are designed to be conspicuous to minimize the risk of leaving a digital tourniquet in place. Mar-Med’s products communicate high quality of care to the patient and cost no more than some improvised methods, like using a sterile surgical glove set.
Tourni-Cot® Related Literature:
Comparison of Pressures Applied by Digital Tourniquets in the Emergency Department; Shadi Lahham, MS, et al.
- Summary: The Tourni-Cot provided hemostasis at safe pressures across all digit sizes.
Reducing Risks of Tourniquets Left on After Finger and Toe Surgery, UK NHS National Patient Safety Agency.
- Summary: Our Tourni-Cots and Uni-Cot CE marked digital tourniquets which are labelled and/or brightly coloured should be used, in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions. Surgical gloves should not be used as tourniquets.
Reducing Risk in Emergency Department Wound Management; James A. Pfaff, MD, FACEP, FAAEM, et al.
- Summary: Although substantial dollar amounts are not involved, wound-care litigation constitutes a significant number of lawsuits to emergency medicine physicians resulting in an increased drain on the physician’s time and exposing the physician to all the psychosocial effects involved in the medicolegal process. The procedures outlined in this articled paying attention to woundcare principles, involving patients in the medical decision-making process, and ensuring appropriate medical follow-updcan, it is hoped, reduce the incidence of medical claims.
“After graduation, this was the first product I ordered for my practice. They have proved to be versatile, reliable, and time efficient.”
“Using a product like the Tourni-Cot as opposed to a Penrose or rubber band communicates to our patients and staff that safety comes first in our practice.”
“Use only CE marked tourniquets which are labeled and/or brightly coloured to enhance visibility. Surgical gloves should not be used for this purpose.”
Tourni-Cot® Blog Posts
With great healthcare needs around the world, Clinicians are known for doing a great deal of volunteer charity work. This charity work can often lack the resources for effective care. Mar-Med wants to help by offering our devices as a charitable donation to any...
The Tourni-Cot is the world's most popular digit tourniquet, and clinically that's for good reason. Generally speaking, digit tourniquets improve care by creating a bloodless field for procedures on fingers and toes. A bloodless field allows visualization and...
Mar-Med's Tourni-Cot Digital Tourniquet For over 20 years the Tourni-Cot has set the bar for achieving safe and easy hemostasis of fingers and toes. Mar-Med in Grand Rapids, Michigan has received praise for the Tourni-Cot from top institutions and physicians all...